logo ASHFORD WORKS - AERIAL VIEWS    ( 7 image/s )
The railway works came to Ashford in 1847 and grew to be the 3rd largest in the UK. From 600 employees in 1851 numbers increased rapidly to over 1300 by 1882 and, at its height, to almost one third of the town's population.
The works finally closed in 1993.

* Includes exterior and interior views of the site as well as images of significant 'events' held at the works .


       CURRENT PAGE   1

Ref. No: AMPC-MISCPICS2-206

Ref. No: AMPC-MISCPICS2-207

Ref. No: AMPC-MISCPICS2-208

Ref. No: AMPC-MISCPICS2-209

Ref. No: AMPC-MISCPICS2-210

Ref. No: AMPC-MISCPICS2-211

Ref. No: AMPC-MISCPICS2-212

      

       CURRENT PAGE   1

Archive image property of Collection owner              Click THUMBNAIL to enlarge image              Modern image property of photographer