Current image Category - HISTORIC BLDGS - MISCELLANEOUS                             Click image to return to Location List

       CURRENT IMAGE 1 (of 9)        NEXT IMAGE

largeimagenoimage
Ref. No: MMPC-Q930010                                                                                      OS Ref: TQ527593
Location: ARCHBISHOPS PALACE      OTFORD      KENT
Archive date: August  1934    Archive Author: Unknown     New date: August  2008    New Author: Eric Hartland
Info: Otford palace was built in the 9th Century as one of the chain of houses of the Archbishop of Canterbury.In 1515 Archbishop Warham rebuilt and enlarged the site to about 4 acres to rival the palatial Hampton Court Palace.In 1537 Henry V111 forced Archbishop Cranmer to surrender it to the Crown and after Henrys death the Crown lost interest and it fell into disrepair.

largeimage