Current image Category - HISTORIC BLDGS - MISCELLANEOUS                             Click image to return to Location List

       CURRENT IMAGE 1 (of 3)        NEXT IMAGE

largeimagenoimage
Ref. No: MMPC-LS-C50049                                                                                      OS Ref: TR124351
Location: SHEPWAY CROSS      LYMPNE      KENT
Archive date:   Unknown    Archive Author: Unknown     New date: July  2010    New Author: Eric Hartland
Info: This monument, commonly called Shepway Cross, was erected on the site where the Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports held his Court for Shepway from 1358. Erected on 4th August 1923 it is dedicated to the men of the Cinque Ports who gave their lives in all British conflicts, in particular the Great War of 1914-18.

largeimage